Rules & Guidelines
- Design a cover for Sweet Hope
- The contest will run two rounds of voting and you can enter 3 different covers!
- Blog about the contest and YOUR entries, and let us know your vision of the cover!
- If you do not have a blog, then post on pinteretst, facebook, twitter or tumblr with the tags #SweetEvil #SweetHope #CoverDesignContest
- send your cover entry to me : firstname.lastname@example.org and leave a comment with the link!
- all entries must be submitted until August 22nd (Wednesday)
- Contest is open International!All cover design entries will be uploaded and organized on a pinterest board and on facebook so that everyone can see them for the voting process!
Note: Paint and Gimp are free photo editing programs you can use to design a cover. Of course, there’s Photoshop, the queen of programs. You can also just choose an image you think is perfect for the Sweet Hope cover, if you truly cannot use any of those programs. You do NOT need to to use Stock Images, own artwork is very welcome! But, you must own the rights to use any of the images you use to design the cover!
Here are my entries! :)
Photo of guy: I no longer have the link but I found it from an old folder of images I saved. I think it was from MorgueFiles.
*The covers were just created for a fan contest and not for commercial use. No copyright infringement intended!
I've been waiting for the opportunity to use the gorgeous photo by faestock since I first saw it ages ago! So when the contest popped up I immediately choose that! Due to my lack of skills I wasn't able to edit her hair to the really light blonde like the girl on the cover of Sweet Evil had from the original red of the model's hair. (See here and here)
I tried my best to match the original cover of Sweet Evil
because I'm OCD about having matching book covers and the first cover sort of reflects the events at the end of the book one. If you've read it you know what happens. >.< For the 'hope' in the title I emphasized the rose the girl (Anna) holds in her hands near her heart to give her sort of a hopeful/wishful feel. It won't be such 'sweet hope' with the guy leaving huh? o.o I know the cover doesn't really have to match the title at all but I like the little bits of symbolism.
Initially I only planned to submit the first design but after playing around with it more I made the solo girl version! Because there's a lot more space of the second cover I decided to touch up on the play of darkness and light to make it look more dramatic. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. :)