Thursday 21 June 2012

Recommend A… Book That Made You Emotional

Recommend A... is hosted by Chick Loves Lit and every week there is a prompt for different book recommendations!


This week's prompt is:
Recommend A… Book That Made You Emotional

by Jojo Moyes


Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.

What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.

Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.

What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------


It's so easy for me to find a book that makes  smile inwardly when I read certain lines. Or even burst out laughing. Books that make me tear up/cry on the other hand are rare. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes is one of those and it caught me completely off guard. I went into the book expecting a light hearted and romantic read (look at the cover! doesn't it seem like a chick lit?) and that was not what I got. The beginning was rather slow and I actually put it down a few times. When I really got into it however, I was gripped and it made me stay up till wee hours in the morning. By the time I finished, my pillow was wet with tears. 

Me Before You is one my all time favorite reads and one of the best books I've read in 2012. I would recommend it to anyone who's looking for something realistic and a story that you can be emotionally invested in.

1 comment:

  1. I both love and hate books that make me cry. Love that they can effect me in that way - hate the stuffy nose that comes with it. This one sounds worth it though!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete